Thursday, August 28, 2008

Second 1st day of school and fun as my alter ego "Aunt Molly"

Today was the first day of school at the other campus where I teach. This one, in general, has a more relaxed feel, though in past years it was because I had so few students. This year I have 16, so it might not be as laid back as it has been. But it was another great first day with a super bunch of kids. I like Thursday as well because I only teach 1/2 day and get to leave at 11:15.

Emily teaches there as well but is there a full day. Her normal babysitter for the kids, Annette, is out of town, so I picked them up from another friend's house and brought them home with me for lunch and naps at my house. They were quite fun to play with. Alexa brought me every item she could carry and handed it to me, only to immediately snatch it away, take it a few steps away, then change her mind again and bring it back. She also growled at me quite a bit, which I decided is her way of saying, "I love you, Aunt Molly" because it is generally accompanied by a smile or hug.

They both liked our new recliner and watched about 10 seconds of a movie together in it (before Alexa got tired and climbed down).

Caleb has decided that he will nap only at Aunt Molly's house, and fell asleep in this rather uncomfortable-looking position. He slept so long Emily finally had to wake him up so she could drive home.

At some point, I need to work on homework for my class Saturday morning. But it will have to wait because I need to start on dinner for tonight and tomorrow I'm making freezer meals with Emily and her mom. Priorities.

4 comments:

Joan said...

Ow! That hurts my neck just to look at him.
Thanks for being such a great Aunt Molly.

EmilyV said...

Yep! Those are my crazy children alright. Thanks again for watching them.

Annette Feschbaum said...

So . . . does this mean I have them officially next week? Maybe they should stay with you, if they nap for you! ;-) I say, Tiny V is my favorite when he is asleep!

Molly said...

I'm sure they'll do just great for you!!