Here is my unsolicited review of Swiffer Wet Jet and Clorox ReadyMop:
They both work in the same way, essentially. Each comes with a bottle of cleaner, which attaches to the mop's handles. Each has a button to allow the liquid to squirt on the floor as you mop. Each of them has pads that are used and then thrown away. The Swiffer mop pads are attached by Velcro on the bottom of the mop, while the Clorox ones wrap around and fit into depressions on the top.
Swiffer has made sure that their product is proprietary and their customers have to continue to buy their cleanser and pads. You can't use another type of pad since they attach to it with the Velcro. Also, the cleanser is placed on the handle so that you can't open the bottle of cleanser. When you run out (about every 6-8 mops) you have to buy more of their product.
The Clorox mop, though, is what I'll be sticking with. You can EASILY refill their cleanser with any kind of cleanser - you don't have to buy theirs (think: cheap). Also, a microfiber cloth will easily work with the Clorox mop's system, and they are reusable.
So while Clorox did not do a good job of ensuring customers will come back to them again and again like Swiffer did, they've got a loyal customer in me. I'm throwing my Swiffer out and switching to Clorox!
4 comments:
Use 1 part ammonia, 3 parts water. Very CHEAP and works great on all floors.
Good tip! Thanks!!
Sorry to contradict you, but I have a Swiffer, and I don't use their pads AND I know how to refill their bottles. I have a washable pad that sticks to the velcro, and a pair of pliers, if handy, will open the top. If not handy (as in my case) a nutcracker will work, too. And the tops close back up without any problem.
I'll take a cap that unscrews over having to get out the pliers any day!! But I'm glad to know that it does open.
Post a Comment