Friday, November 20, 2009

Really?!?

I'm not really a sewer. I can sew and I enjoy aspects of sewing, but in general it stresses me out. But I do enjoy most of the quilting process. However, I've run into a bit of a snag with a quilt I'm currently making. I need a special foot for my sewing machine, and so I turned to my mom, who has a ton. This is what she gives me today:

Really!?!? What are these hunks of metal and what in the world do they do? I can't for the life of me figure out which is the correct one to use with my machine (a brand spanking new 1975 model, by the way) and then, how to put them ON the machine. Mind boggling.

These three are especially.....interesting:
So I'm thinking the rest of my afternoon is either going to consist of my yelling at a machine that doesn't understand my anger, or I'm going to visit a friend's house who knows what she is doing and get her to help me.

2 comments:

Beth said...

The top two attachments on the bottom picture look life rufflers to me. Good luck!

Joan said...

That's exactly my analysis... rufflers. (Not that I've ever actually used one.)